EVACUATE AND CALL 911
In the event of an explosion on campus, take the following action:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks or other objects for protection against falling glass and debris.
- After the initial effects of the explosion have subsided, notify the police department at 911.
Give your name and describe the location and nature of the emergency.
- Activate the building fire alarm.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest available exit.
- DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS. DO NOT PANIC.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by an official from the fire department.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate, assist them to a safe location near a building exit and notify emergency personnel of their location. REFER ALSO TO “BUILDING EVACUATION FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES”