EVACUATE AND CALL 911
- In case of fire, activate the nearest fire alarm. Take appropriate precautions to ensure your personal safety.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest safe exit.
- Call the fire department at 911. Give your name and the exact location of the fire (building, floor, room, etc.). Be sure to stay on the phone until released by the emergency operator.
- DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS. DO NOT PANIC.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by an official from the fire department.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate, assist them to a
safe location near a building exit and notify emergency personnel of their location. REFER ALSO TO
“BUILDING EVACUATION FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES”