UWW Emergency Information - Gas Leak
Jump to Menu
EVACUATE and Call 1320 (or 911 after 4:30PM)
- If you smell gas and suspect a gas leak, cease all operations.
- DO NOT SWITCH ON LIGHTS OR ANY ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT.
- DO NOT ACTIVATE FIRE ALARMS.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest exit. Notify other building occupants to do so as well.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS. DO NOT PANIC.
- During regular working hours (6:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday), after exiting the building, immediately notify Facilities Planning and Management at (262) 472-1320.
- State YOUR NAME AND THE EXACT location of the gas leak as well as any applicable information. After hours, weekends or holidays, notify University Police at 911.
- Once outside, move away from the building at least 500 feet. Keep the walkways clear for emergency crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by the University Police.
- PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate, assist them to a safe location near a building exit and notify emergency personnel of their location. Refer also to Building Evacuation for Individuals with Disabilities.