EVACUATE AND CALL 911
- If you smell gas and suspect a gas leak, cease all operations.
- DO NOT SWITCH ON LIGHTS OR ANY ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT.
- DO NOT ACTIVATE FIRE ALARMS.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest exit. Notify other building occupants to do so as well.
- DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS. DO NOT PANIC.
- NOTIFY THE POLICE DEPARTMENT BY CALLING 911. STATE YOUR NAME AND THE EXACT LOCATION of the gas leak as well as any applicable information. Once outside, move at least 500 feet away from the building. Keep the walkways clear for emergency crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by the police department.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate, assist them to a
safe location near a building exit and notify emergency personnel of their location. REFER ALSO TO
“BUILDING EVACUATION FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES”